Monday, June 29, 2009

Acrylic Abstract IV


This was an experiment combining abstraction with realism. There are some things that I like about it and some that I don't. I used a black gesso to prime the canvas which has a very matt finish which I do like contrasted with the varying shine of the acrylic paint so I decided not to spray a finish on it because I would lose that effect. I like the idea of combining the two concepts within one painting but I think I need to make them relate to each other a little more.

It has been accepted into the Orange County Fair and will be on display from July 10th-August 9th. For more info on the fair, go to www.ocfair.com.

I would love to hear your feedback on this painting.

Acrylic Abstract II
Image size 20" x 20"
Acrylic
Unframed-gallery wrapped canvas, no frame needed

2 comments:

  1. I usually go to the Fair so I will get to see it in person. Great painting. Have a great 4th.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pat. I hope your 4th is good too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails