Monday, July 20, 2009

Running on Water

"Running on Water" is my first attempt at an abstract in watercolor. I'd been planning to do one for a long time. I found a piece of paper in my my art supplies that was a cream color which was interesting because I've never seen a watercolor paper that color. Well, after starting to paint on it I realized that it is probably printmaking paper because it is very absorbent and didn't seem to have sizing in it or on the surface. That made the paint react differently than usual which made it a challenge. It was hard to get the dark colors dark enough because the color kept absorbing into the paper. I ended up using the black straight from the tube which is a weird feeling with watercolor because it doesn't flow.

Running on Water
Image Size 15" x 22"
Watercolor
Framed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails