Monday, December 27, 2010

Strained

If I could take a picture of the inside of my head, it might look something like this.  Disorganization rules  in there.  It always surprises me when people think I am an organized person but after seeing this self portrait, they may change their minds. : )

It gets especially bad this time of year with all of the hustle and bustle of the holidays.  I never feel like I'm in control.  I envy the people that are able to fully enjoy the season because they have done their shopping early, have the presents wrapped and are able to relax and bake cookies knowing that everything is done.  Each year, I think I will do better but I seem to be getting worse.  My feeling of bah humbug gets worse every year too.  I'm writing this on Dec. 23rd (and pre-posting) in case you're thinking that I should be able to relax now that the holidays are over.

I plan to change in 2011.  I'm beginning to make my list of new year's resolutions and you can bet that being ready for the holidays will be first on my list!!!

Strained
Image Size 22" x 15"
Watercolor

4 comments:

  1. Love your painting! I can completely identify! I always get bogged down and just can't get it all done. I think part of the problem is my to do lists are always unrealistic. I hope you are having some relaxation now that the Holidays are almost over. I too have a long goal list for 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try to get an early start next year, too! Maybe we can inspire each other! I like the fluid quality in this painting and the high contrast of the lights and darks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors are great, and my head feels the same way. I am having one hundred people for lunch New Year's Day and my head won't clear until the day after. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Carrie. I'm glad to hear that others have the same feelings. After I posted this, I was thinking that I should edit it so that it wasn't so negative but I decided to leave it alone. I am very relaxed now (because we're in Mexico and really, how can you be stressed south of the border) and I have nothing planned for new year's so life is good.

    Yeah Theresa, let's start getting ready for Christmas in July. I think we can do it. Thank you for your kind comments.

    Jerry, are you crazy??? Why are you having 100 people to lunch? Do you do that every year? After hearing that, I have no right to complain about anything I was doing. It's good to hear from you and I hope you have a great time. January 2nd is probably looking really good to you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails