Monday, January 17, 2011

Boardwalk

Here's another painting done from google street maps for the Virtual Paintout blog.  This is from Revere, Massachusetts.  I've never been to the beaches on the east coast but this looks like what I would imagine I would find there.  It doesn't look like a California coast scene to me.  I've never seen these walkways to the beach here and the shrubbery looks different too.  Of course, some parts of Cal. probably does look like this but in my mind, it screams east coast.  These walkways and shrubs convey such a serene feeling to me and the long shadows make it seem like late afternoon, always my favorite time of day at the beach.  This was done using soft pastels.

Boardwalk
Image size 9" x 12"
Pastels


5 comments:

  1. Hah! My first thought was that this was a beautiful view from the Pacific Coast (I've been to both)! LOLOL Love that boardwalk and so wish I was on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like a nice place to be, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Revere is also very close to me... on the other side of Lynn!!!! It does look like this, but for me this reminds me more of Cape Cod. Either way, the way you handle pastel is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really does look like a great place to be! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Robin. Pastels are really fun to use.

    Thanks Theresa.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails