Monday, June 20, 2011

Copala - Watercolor

Copala is a small, quaint town in Mexico not too far from Mazatlan.  I loved this scene with the strange windows and mix of architectural details.    Of course, the colors are great too.  Each building in the town is a different color and most of them are bright.  The bougainvillea are growing everywhere which adds more shocks of color.   There are donkeys roaming through the town, each with a human attached waiting to charge tourists for a chance to take their picture with the donkey.  I resisted the temptation.

Copala
Image Size 12" x 16"
Watercolor

9 comments:

  1. Nancy, this is just gorgeous. I love the lines and angles and the absolutely fabulous colors! I am drawn immediately to the little green section and then hop right on over to the blue trim on the windows next door. A beautiful piece indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sherry. The whole town was this cute. I was happy we were able to visit it. I looked to see if Google street maps had been there but no, only on the highway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy - I don't think my previous comment made it through, so here goes again. I just love the colors in this. Just wonderful. That town must be so exciting visually - I hope you took lots of photos, you could make a whole series on this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors of Mexico, bright and warm...donkeys in the street are better than cows, like in India. Am going to post them on my other blog one of these days.
    By the way, you must live very close to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nancie, I wish I had more pictures of the town. I thought I was taking a lot of really good ones but some of the ones I would like to paint need more information. I should have taken some close-ups and paid more attention to composition - a learning experience for the future.

    Emille, I would love to see the cow pics.
    Where are you located?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy, you did such a beautiful job with all the angles and planes. I love the colors, too. That must be such a cute town!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Theresa. It is a really cute town.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy this is absolutely gorgeous! Such a sunny atmosphere and all those colors and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Mikko. I love all of the bright colors in Mexico.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails