Monday, May 28, 2012

Silky Bougainvillea - Silk Painting

I started to work on this a few weeks ago intending to paint it while I was demonstrating silk painting at Chemers gallery.  I put the resist on 3 silks and ended up working only on one - the clivias that I posted earlier this month.  Like that silk, I used a design that I have painted before (I didn't have much time to get things ready for the day) but I made changes that I think make this look entirely different.

The first time I painted it, I used very bright colors and a wrought iron design for the border as you can see below.  For this new one I painted a soft background, more delicate flowers and changed the border.  I also left some of the flowers out.  I think the new one looks more traditional.

I still have one more silk painting to finish that has the resist on it.  I'll probably work on that one this week since I'm trying to clean up my studio and the best way to do that is to finish some of my many unfinished projects.

Silky Bougainvillea
Image Size 13.5" x 24.5"
Silk dyes on silk

7 comments:

  1. Un travail magnifique et je suis très admirative de votre souci du détail... J'aime.
    gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd sure be hard pressed to pick a favorite of these two, Nancy. I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merci Martinealison.

    Thank you Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, just gorgeous Nancy! I like the new one the best :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails