Monday, September 30, 2013

Fuchsias on TerraSkin

Fuchsias are such delicate looking flowers.  I really like them but I don't have any planted in our yard.  They seem so fragile and I think I'd probably kill them if I did have them so I appreciate them in other gardens.  They look like they are dancing as they hang on their delicate stems.

This is another painting done on TerraSkin.  I painted the background first so I could play with the textures.  I was able to lift the stamens out instead of painting around them which is one of the benefits of using this surface.

I was contacted by Lea at Mitzart to do an e-mail interview about TerraSkin, which I was really excited about because as you have probably noticed, I'm pretty passionate about this product.  When I first found out about this surface, the only place I found it was on Etsy.  Now it's available at Cheap Joe's but there are some other weights available on Etsy.  If you are interested in reading the interview, you can find it here.

Fuchsias on TerraSkin
Image Size 6" x 4"
Watercolor

15 comments:

  1. I grew fuchsias in England, and they really are quite hardy! In fact they were very prolific in the summer, and I usually cut them back to nothing for the winter. There are many different varieties. I hope you buy yourself a plant and plant fuchsia bushes in your garden. Love this painting.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour ma chère Nancy,

    Ces fleurs de fuchsia sont d'une grande et belle délicatesse comme il se doit... Un merveilleux travail dans le fond qui apporte un joli contraste.
    Je m'en vais lire ton interview...

    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maggie, I think I will try growing them although I think it's probably much hotter in So. Cal. than in England. I wish my patio area was in cool shade so I could have baskets and baskets of them hanging where I could enjoy them.

    Merci Martinealison.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! I love that background too and it highlights the gorgeous blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work, Nancy! My mom used to call them ballerina's ...Beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Sherry. The TerraSkin allows for beautiful textural paintings.

    Thank you Hilda. That's a perfect description for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's my comment: Wow, wow, WOW!!! Love it! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Kimberly. I love your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Nancy, enjoyed the interview and want to next watch your video on the pouring technique. These are beauties. Such color and they do look like little bells, way cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Nelvia. I'm glad you enjoyed the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you ,Nancy, for visiting my blog! You work is beautiful and I have been scrolling through some of your older posts. I love the colors in this last painting and have never heard of Terraskin; will follow the link.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Celia. I think you would like painting on TerraSkin. I hope you try it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful, I love your fuchsia paintings Nancy! This painting makes me want to grow some again. I had three beautiful tree varieties but the frost killed them a few years ago. I don't think we get frost where we live now, so maybe I will go buy some fuchsias :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Theresa. You and I should both try to grow them again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These fuchsias are gorgeous - I try to grow them, but I guess it's too hot here. So I'll just enjoy your beautiful paintings!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails