Monday, May 9, 2016

The Murphy House

"The Murphy House"
Image Size 14" x 22"
Watercolor

This was an interesting commissioned painting.  My daughter's friend lived in this house for much of her life and before her family lived there, it was the Murphy house in the movie "Home Alone".  I thought that was so interesting so I rented the movie to watch it again and see if I could get some more visual information on the house.  It's hard to paint a house when I haven't seen it and photos don't show all of the details.  

Before I decided to watch the movie, I tried searching Google Street Maps to see the house but this one and the main house in the movie are blurred out.  Apparently, tourists still drive to the street and take pictures of the houses.

It is a bit stressful to paint commissioned house portraits because it's so important to capture the feeling of the home for the client.  I'm very happy with this painting and am excited to send it off to it's new home.

4 comments:

  1. This is so beautifully painted, Nancy!
    And its even more special knowing that it was the Murphy house that was in the movie! The client will certainly love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilda. I agree that the story behind the house adds interest.

      Delete
  2. Just excellent. You certainly have the knack for architecture. Super work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails