Monday, October 15, 2018

Pastel Plumeria

"Pastel Plumeria"
Image size 3.5" x 7.5"
Pastel
I can't even remember the last time I used pastel as a medium.  I should use my pastels more often since I have collected so many over the years.  I really enjoy painting with pastels, but rarely think to use them.  Maybe doing this small study will get me motivated to break them out more often.

I used a piece of black mat board painted with pumice gel to give it the tooth necessary for a pastel painting.  In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have used a black support for a painting with white flowers.  I really fought with it to bring out the white. 

Plumerias are such great flowers.  I love the shapes of them and, of course, their fragrance.  They bring back memories of Hawaii every time I see them.  I planted about 5 cuttings a few years ago that I got from a dear friend's house.  It's nice to think of her each time I walk past them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails