Monday, January 14, 2019

Nature's Force

"Nature's Force"
Image size 12" x 12"
Acrylic

There are so many acrylic mediums that can be used either as grounds for a painting or mixed with paint to create different effects.  I started this painting by putting crackle paste on my painting surface.  Then I used a very watery medium blue color to get into the cracks.  After that, I layered many different colors, some very diluted and others full strength to build up the colors.  I began to lose the look of the cracks so to finish the painting, I did a final thin veil of the blue to get into the cracks and wiped that paint off of the surface of the painting.

I used Golden acrylic products as I usually do.  Their products are high quality and as a company, they are very helpful.  Their website has a lot of information and videos about their products and how to use them.  They also have free demo classes throughout the country.  

2 comments:

  1. Bonjour chère amie,

    Le rendu final est magnifique... J'aime toutes ces nuances de couleurs qui se mêlent.

    Gros bisous 🌸

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect title for this painting!!!! Beautiful colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails