Monday, November 18, 2019

Private Shore

"Private Shore"
Image size 5" x 8"
Monoprint with colored pencil

I tried another monoprint this week.  I inked the entire surface and then removed the black ink where I wanted it lighter.  Drawing directly into the ink without the ability to erase my mistakes is very scary.  I'm struggling with that and the removal of the ink and haven't really figured out a way to control what I'm doing.  That's why this house looks a bit wonky.  It is a fun process though, and I will continue to experiment with this medium.

I used Derwent Inktense colored pencils to add color to the print.  On this print (above), I didn't add water to the pencils.  Living up to their name, when water is added, the colors become very intense.  I did a second print, which I've posted below.  I lightly spritzed the printing plate with water and used a damp piece of mulberry paper to make the second print.  Then, I used the inktense colored pencils and added water to the paper.  You can see how different the colors are.  Personally, I prefer the softer colors in the first print.

Not much to say about my clay mural except that I'm continuing to work on it.  I'm starting to choose the glass circle that fits best into the holes and grinding the clay to make some of them fit when the circle is too small.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails