Thursday, November 4, 2021

Our Ocean View

 

"Our Ocean View"
Image size 48" x 84"
Encaustic
This is the largest encaustic that I've painted so far.  I had so much fun working on it and am really happy with the result.  Below is a picture of it hanging in its new home.  

My clients and I discussed not only the size that the painting should be for the space but also how to break it up into a triptych.  We decided that a triptych with different size panels would be more interesting than one with identically sized panels.

Honestly, the reason for making this painting a triptych was so that it would fit into my car for delivery, but I think it is a much better painting because it is three panels.


Here are some close-ups so you can see some of the visual texture.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails