Monday, December 21, 2009

Mexico Fruit Market

Mexico Fruit MarketThis month's virtual paintout location is Mexico City. I was really excited when I saw December's city because I love Mexico with it's bright colors and charming towns. It took a long time to find something I wanted to paint though. So much of what I saw looked so depressed and ugly to me and I wanted to portray Mexico in a positive way. I was excited when I found this fruit market. The actual scene was much busier so I really simplified it. I can't believe I put THREE people in this painting. This was not a fun painting for me and I'm not sure how I feel about the finished project but I'm proud that I've tackled this virtual paintout challenge for 3 months now. I wonder where January will take us.....

Mexico Fruit Market
Image Size 11" x 14"
Oil
Unframed
$100.00

6 comments:

  1. I love the colors, Nancy, and I think you did a wonderful job on this piece. It seems a different style than your usual paintings but I really like it too! I am reminded of the grocery store on Sesame Street for some reason. That is a good thing, fun and warm. I can't wait to see where we go next either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite on this page.. The activity but not too much activity and the colors are the perfect for an art piece that someone could hang on a wall.

    Great work

    Tom Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the nice comments Sherry and Tom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fruit looks so real and mouth-watering. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, I like the scene, busy or not. I've always dreamed of painting, but I can hardly sign my name. The paradox is I have a good eye for art. You are great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bright colors of your fruit stand look wonderful. I too found some very depressed areas in Mexico City.
    Phil

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails