Monday, April 26, 2010

Spring Flowers




This is not what I was planning to post today. I did finish another painting but I really don't like it. I don't like this one either but I like it better than the other one. That tells you how bad the other one is. I have a friend (you know who you are) that gets upset when I say negative things about a painting but I have to be honest. This is a pastel on Wallis paper that I did today after realizing I needed something to post. It was good practice at drawing a person.
The other painting that I finished but don't like is a silk painting that took me a long time to do but it just didn't turn out well. I like the main idea though so I'm going to do it over and make changes and I think I will like it then. Maybe I'll post the bad one if the re-do is good so you can see both and what changes I made.

Spring Flowers
Image Size 8" x 10"
Pastel

1 comment:

  1. I like this, Nancy. Somehow, this woman comes across as so refined to me. I can almost picture a conversation with her.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails