Monday, October 11, 2010

Alaska Reflections

I'm back to my using photos from Alaska.  On the train we took from Anchorage to Seward, the country was so beautiful!  I took lots of pictures on that 4 hour ride and this is painted from one of them.
It is a palette knife painting.  Using a palette knife is good for me because I am forced to paint loosely.  I know some artists can get a lot of detail with the palette knife but I'm not one of them.

Alaska Reflections
Image size 6" x 6"
Oil
Unframed
$100.00







13 comments:

  1. I love seeing the looser reflections in the water. It's fun to find that balance, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! The colors are beautiful and I like the loose quality. Beautiful work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Robin and Theresa. I really like the textures and looseness I can get with the palette knife.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful greens Nancy. Love the feeling this gives, so calming. And the texture from the knife is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Nancie. Have you tried palette knife painting with your acrylics?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is nice, a great effort and exercise. I feel I should try some palette knife paintings, it looks easier than it really is. I think it is a good way to expand and learn. I like what you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Mary Anne. I didn't think I would like painting this way but it's a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely - I love the painterly approach!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoy seeing your Alaska paintings. Amazing that you can do that with a knife. Great color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Carole. You're lucky to be surrounded by all of that beauty every day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the free feel of this!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails