Monday, July 21, 2014

All Tied Up

All Tied Up
Image Size 19" x 10"
I've finished another unfinished project!  I started this a couple of years ago but worked too slowly and my asparagus didn't survive, so I put the painting aside.  I finished it without a reference.  This is a study for a larger painting so I'm not really concerned about it being really detailed.

I attached rice paper to mat board with a 50/50 mixture of acrylic matte medium and water.  This sealed the paper and makes it a fun painting surface.  The rice paper gives it a nice texture and adds interest.  I think for the larger painting, I will use a gesso mixture and scribe some texture into it.

6 comments:

  1. It came out beautifully, Nancy! I have masa paper here and I keep wanting to do something with it. Maybe this coming weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sherry. I'll look forward to seeing your masa paper. That surface is really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds pretty interesting, with it sealed does ink or paint sit on top or does it still absorb. Good thing about subjects that go bad is you get to eat them? Like the background. Got email will digest and be back with more ?s or decisions to run y you. Thanks much

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO interesting, Nancy. I love the color and texture!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails