Monday, December 16, 2019

Crazy Sunset

"Crazy Sunset"
Image size 11" x 15"
Acrylic

I had a watercolor that I painted many years ago on a 22" x 30" piece of paper.  It was a painting of Lake Powell.  I was never happy with it and tried many times to save it.  Finally, I decided to cut it into fourths and use each piece for a new painting.  For this painting, I added rice paper and gesso, which I swirled around so that there were thin and thick areas.  The thick areas are white and the thin areas let the underpainting show through.

I turned the painting upside down so that the sky of the old painting became the water and the red cliffs became the sky.  I thought that might be a fun beginning.  The texture is a bit wild, but it was fun to paint.

I'm taking a break from my clay project until after Christmas.  There's just too much to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails