Monday, December 2, 2019

Puerto Vallarta Cliffs

"Puerto Vallarta Cliffs"
Image size 14" x 6"
Monoprint with colored pencil
I spent so much time cutting all of those black lines into a piece of matboard and this was the look I was trying to achieve.  I don't have a printing press so I printed this using a baren and the back of a spoon.  I thought it would transfer easily, but to get the black lines to transfer, I had to push the paper into the lines with my fingernail.  I think I cut the lines too deep.  

I am happy with the result, but I think I like the first print I pulled better, which is shown below.  When the ink wasn't going into the grooves as I applied the ink with the brayer, I decided to try this one with white lines instead of black.  I wiped the surface in areas to give a sense of light, but overall, the surface was much darker in this print.  I added colored pencil on this print as well.
Which one do you like better?

I didn't work on the clay mural this week.  I was sick the entire week.  I'm getting tired of this.  Finally, I think I'm getting better, so hopefully, I will begin moving forward again on that project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails