Monday, August 31, 2009

Silk Mandalas


I'm organizing my studio and of course it looks worse right now than before I started. Every flat surface is covered and I barely found room to work on these 6" silk mandalas. I found 6 of these pre-stretched silk circles amongst my stuff and thought making mandalas would be a good way to use them. I've always loved patterns and repetitions of color. Probably my 20 years of making stained glass windows has something to do with being attracted to them. I'm intrigued by how different the colors look on both of these. They are exactly the same colors and intensity and the resist lines are the only difference. The one on right looks like it was painted with much lighter colors, doesn't it? I love optical illusions.

I would love to hear whether you prefer the black or white resist lines.

Silk Mandalas
Image Size 6"
Silk dyes on silk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails