Monday, January 12, 2015

Eze

Eze
Image Size 10" x 14"
Watercolor

Eze is a medieval town in France that just oozes charm.  It sits high on a cliff and overlooks the Mediterranean sea.  The oldest building there was built in the 1300s.  The narrow walkways between the buildings wind through the small town and up to a cactus/succulent garden that has a great panoramic view of the tile rooftops and distant sea.

This was a study that I started many years ago for a larger painting. I don't typically do studies before painting a large painting so this was unusual.  The large painting has been done for a long time but I never finished this study.  As I'm cleaning up and trying to become organized, I decided that I had to either finish this or throw it away.  Of course, you know that I have a very hard time throwing things away so I finished it.  It's not a masterpiece but it's done and that's good enough for me for this one.

8 comments:

  1. Reminds me of Cezanne, aren't you glad you finished it? We are

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Nelvia, what a compliment! Thank you and yes, I'm glad I finished it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful, Nancy!!!! Love the shadows on the building....WONDERFUL work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't throw them away either!! You did a great job with this, glad you decided to rework it instead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nan. It's good to hear that I'm not the only one with this problem. : )

      Delete
  5. I think it's charming. I have a box of my old paintings and when I get discouraged I pull it out and go through the stack to remind me of how much I've learned and progressed.

    Definitely in the "can't throw it out" club here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. It's good to hear that I'm not the only pack rat out there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails