Monday, February 29, 2016

Falling Colors

"Falling Colors"
Image Size 6" x 4"
Acrylic and watercolor
I was out of town for a week so I didn't have much time to paint.  I would like to see this as a large painting but that is for another time.  That wonderful texture comes from coating the surface with fiber paste.  It is an acrylic medium made by 'Golden Paint Company'.  I put it on mat board but it is flexible and can be used on paper, board, canvas or probably almost any surface you can imagine.  It is very absorbent and, as you can see, has a wonderful texture. 
These are my happy "I'm ready for spring" colors.  My deciduous trees are leafing out and my fruit trees have wonderful smelling blossoms on them.  I love this time of year!

6 comments:

  1. Bonjour chère amie,

    Une très jolie chute de couleurs... Tout comme vous la saison du printemps est celle que je préfère... avec des verts si tendres, des couleurs si délicates... la vie !
    Gros bisous ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Je suis d'accord que le printemps est une période spéciale de l'année. Ces couleurs pures et fraîches sont si belles.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous colors and yes, the texture is just exquisite. It was the first thing I noticed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry. I want to use this fiber paste again.

      Delete
  3. Spring is springing here too. Love these colors and the pattern. Bet it,would look in a bigger size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most abstracts look better when they are big.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails