Monday, November 7, 2016

Divided

"Divided"
Image size 16.5" x 8.5"
Encaustic

This week I played some more with adding alcohol inks to the encaustic.  I bought some white alcohol ink and was excited to try it, but found it was too thick to get it to move and create a fun texture.  I will thin it with additional alcohol and hopefully I will get it to flow without losing too much opacity.  The white ink doesn't show in this painting because I totally covered it up with more wax.  The other inks colors are used only in the lower portion.

This could be read as a type of landscape or as a pure abstract.  I've played with creating a feeling of agitation and chaos juxtaposed with more soothing colors and shapes.  





2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy these as I can just imagine what it is and not be wrong!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails