Monday, January 28, 2019

Pear Study - Cool Colors

"Pear Study - Cool Colors
Image size 8" x 12"
Watercolor
I have signed up for a watercolor class this semester to learn a different viewpoint on techniques and color.  Our first assignment was to paint a still life using 3 cool primary colors and a second painting using 3 warm primary colors.

This is my 'cool' painting.  I used Lemon Yellow, Alizarin Crimson and Prussian Blue.  I haven't finished the warm one yet, but it doesn't look very different colorwise from this one so far.  For the warm color palette, I used Cadmium Yellow Light, Winsor Red, and Ultramarine Blue.  I consider Ultramarine Blue to be a cool blue, but everyone else says it is a warm blue.  I have a lot to learn about color temperature I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails