Monday, June 21, 2010

The Pali

Here's another painting for the virtual paintout which is in Hawaii this month. I know painting a picture of a road and tunnel is kind of weird but this brings back memories for me. I used to visit a friend that lives on Oahu and her home was on the opposite side of the island from Honolulu and to get there, we always went over the Pali Highway. I remember these tunnels so well and the beauty of the mountains. When I was virtually traveling through google street maps and found this scene, I knew I had found my spot to paint.

The Pali
Image Size 8" x 10"
Oil
Unframed
$100.00, shipping included in continental US






5 comments:

  1. Truly beautiful, Nancy! I want to be on this road and see it firsthand, thanks to your painting. Look at those lush greens, the mountains...I know you can see the sea in the distance off to the right, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful art & story. How fortunate for you to have (a) been there and (b) have such great memories from there (that you can paint now).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the light at the end of the tunnel...this is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat perspective. I like this scene. Even though I have never been to Hawaii, this gives me some idea that Hawaii is quite mountainous and I like your story about this particular, thru this mt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sherry. I don't remember painting the sea but if you see it, it must be there. :)
    Thanks Nancie. Yes, I feel very fortunate not only to have the memories but to have Google street views to access pictures of those memories from which to paint.
    Thanks Kammi. The light at the end of the tunnel also attracted me to this scene.
    Thanks Ruth. Hawaii is beautiful. You should try to visit sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails