Monday, May 2, 2016

Roiling Surf

"Roiling Surf"
Image Size 6" x 6"
Encaustic
I'm getting ready to do an encaustic demonstration in about a week so I've been concentrating on this medium lately.  This week, I wanted to do a painting of water.  Encaustic is such a perfect medium for this subject and it's fun to try to get a feeling of movement.  I thought I was finished with this several times and then decided to add some color and then the heat gun would move the wax in a way I didn't like so I would add more color and heat it again.  I love the way the white breaks apart and was trying to get more of that effect but was having trouble with that today.  I splattered the white to get an effect of water spray.  I did that by flicking the brush with my finger - probably not a good idea with hot wax but sometimes, we have to suffer for our art.  Ha ha!

6 comments:

  1. Nancy, this is gorgeous! I am sorry I won't be able to make it to your demo at Nancy's. Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gail. I'm sorry you won't be able to make it to Nancy's for the demo.
      Hope to see you soon.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous painting Nancy!!! So realistic using this medium.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous! I have no idea what encaustic is but I love the look :) I will go and look it up now. Thank you for sharing !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails