Monday, June 25, 2018

San Clemente Vista

"San Clemente Vista"
Image size 6" x 6"
Oil
This week is the "Paint San Clemente" plein air event.  I've been looking forward to trying some more plein air paintings.  I went to Casa Romantica yesterday, which is a beautiful, old spanish style home perched above the ocean.  It has beautiful gardens and views.  I lasted about an hour and a half before I got tired of painting and went home.  I will continue trying plein air paintings, but there's nothing like the comfort of painting at home.  I still have trouble editing what to paint when I'm outside looking at a scene.  I'm sure it will get easier with practice, but I doubt that I will ever consider myself a plein air painter.

2 comments:

  1. Bonjour chère amie,

    C'est une très belle peinture... J'aime l'atmosphère qu'elle dégage.

    Je te comprends lorsque tu écris la difficulté que tu rencontres à peindre en plein air.
    J'aurais cette même difficulté.
    En ce moment, je m'installe volontiers pour peindre dehors dans le jardin, mais je ne peins pas ce que je vois. C'est donc bien différent ! Cependant je pense que notre esprit est une éponge et il absorbe les couleurs, la lumière qui nous entoure.

    Bravo pour cette expérience et le partage de ta dernière peinture.

    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails