Monday, February 11, 2019

Lots Of Lemons


"Lots Of Lemons"
Image Size 10" x 12"
Watercolor

This is another color study for my watercolor class.  Again, I used just three primary colors which were cobalt blue, alizarin crimson, and aureolin yellow.  I used a scrap piece of watercolor paper that I had in my studio to draw the design at home.  When I started painting on it in class, I immediately discovered that the sizing had disintegrated and it would be really hard to move paint around on it.  It acts like blotter paper when there is no sizing.

At first, I was upset and considered using another piece of paper, but I decided to just deal with it.  It requires working in a different manner than I usually use and it's hard to blend colors because the color immediately soaks into the paper and is not blendable,  but it became a challenge and was pretty fun!  That's a good thing, because I seem to have a lot of old watercolor paper that has lost its sizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails