Monday, July 22, 2019

mosaic mural pattern

Mosaic mural pattern
Image size 4' x 8' approx.
This isn't a finished painting, but it is a finished pattern for a very large project I'm working on and I'm thrilled to be able to finally start on the fun part.

Each of these pieces will be formed from clay, then textured and glazed with colors to create a "Koi Pond" for my backyard.  The background (which isn't colored on this pattern) will be various blues and the circles will be glass beads.  I just colored the fish and lily pads so that I wouldn't get too confused as I'm working on it.  

My next step will be to number all of the pieces and cut patterns for each piece.  This is my master pattern and if this gets destroyed, I will be in a bad place.  

I purchased my glazes and 75 pounds of clay to start.  I am guessing that it will take about 100 pounds or more to finish it.  There is also a small area that will be on the other side of the sidewalk so it (hopefully) looks like the stream flows under the walkway.  I haven't designed that yet.  It is much smaller than this side.  It's probably about 3' x 3.5'.  That will be for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails