Monday, January 18, 2010

Bougainvillea ACEO


I feel like I'm cheating for this week's posting because this is so small but we were out of town this week. This is a colored pencil ACEO and is 2.5" x 3.5". ACEOs are artist trading cards and are a great way to collect original art, however small, for very little money. I drew this one while I was on the plane. Colored pencils are so easy and clean to use in such a small space (I was in the middle seat - yuck) and it keeps my mind and hands occupied so that I don't tear the arms off of the seats when we hit turbulence. I think the airline appreciates that.
I don't want you to think I was being a slacker this week. I was painting on a wall mural. I should have taken a picture to show the work in progress but of course I didn't think about that until I got home.
I've listed this on e-bay and if you are interested, you can bid by clicking here.

Bougainvillea ACEO
Image Size 2.5" x 3.5"
Colored Pencils
Sold

5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Nancy. I am becoming more and more interested in ACEOs. One of these days I shall have to buy some, I think. Maybe if I were to work on a smaller scale, my stuff might improve. I don't know. Worth a thought at least. Anyway, I love the colors and the bit of veining in the petals. Just truly gorgeous and I thought it was another silk painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sherry. I've always liked to work on large scale paintings but lately I'm having fun with the smaller ones. Sometimes working on a smaller painting is less intimidating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you kept your neighbors on the plane entertained too! It's a great idea do art en route - you never know who you may be sitting next to!

    I like the texture the colored pencil gives this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good point. I never thought about that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely piece. I never have worked on ACEO's before but my wife has. She told me about an "Art Hearts for Haiti project that I attempted this weekend - which is doing a piece at this scale. It was fun to do! Oh, and I usually draw on planes - keeps my nerves in check too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails