Monday, January 13, 2014

A Sunny Day in Newport, 30 in 30 - Day 13

Because I live in Southern California, if you look at the title of this painting, you are probably thinking that this boat is in Newport Beach.  Actually, I visited Newport, Rhode Island a few months ago and snapped the reference photo for this painting.  That boat looked a bit more seaworthy than this one does but at least this was fun to paint.  I used my trusty palette knife again for this one.

So far, I'm almost halfway done with this challenge and it hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be but I also have only done a few paintings that I consider to be keepers.  I learned a long time ago that not every painting is going to be good and very few will be great but striving for excellence is one of the things that keeps me painting.

A Sunny Day in Newport
Image Size 6" x 6"
Oil

4 comments:

  1. Not sure how I missed the lily pads below but they are beautiful and I personally like this little boat. I'd not mind spending an afternoon bobbing on the water in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Half way done, doesn't that have a nice ring to it. Like the reflections and water colors. Got to try that knife action. We can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we can do it. I'm feeling a little stressed because I'm no longer 'ahead'. I need to decide what I'm painting tomorrow so that I can sleep tonight!

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails