Thursday, January 16, 2014

Springtime Reflections, 30 in 30 - Day 16

This painting challenge is now over halfway done.  Only 15 days left.  This painting is mostly poured watercolor with a little bit of direct painting at the very end in the trees and a little color in the reflections and mountains.  I haven't done a poured painting for about a year and today I started 3 of them.  I like the way that poured paintings have a cohesiveness of color and a glow that is usually not achieved with traditional watercolor painting techniques.

Before the final touches, I used only cobalt blue, alizarin crimson and cad. yellow in the pours.  I love the way the colors mingle and create interesting color mixtures.

Springtime Reflections
Image size 7.5" x 11"
Watercolor

1 comment:

  1. Oh I really like this. The colors are so luscious and no hard edges. Love mountains too and they are poured as well? Can't wait to see the next ones.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails