Wednesday, January 1, 2014

On The Beach, 30 in 30 - Day 1

With the new year comes new resolutions and challenges.  I've decided to start the year off with a challenge of a painting a day for 30 days led by Leslie Saeta.  She's done this before and in the past I've never participated.  I usually have a hard enough time finishing one painting each week but I decided to take advantage of the motivation I'm feeling with the start of the new year.  I know plenty of artists routinely finish a painting each day.  For me, the hardest part of this challenge will be picking what to paint.  I'm pretty sure that you are going to see a lot of fruits and vegetables sitting on a table.  : )

This painting happens to be fairly large but most of them will probably be small.  This took me more than one day to paint.  The beach where the photo for this was taken is dangerous for swimming but it's very beautiful.  The waves really do break right on the sand like this so swimmers would get slammed if they chose to swim here.  Sometimes the waves are so forceful that when they break, it sounds like a shotgun firing and the buildings shake.  Mother Nature knows how to get our attention, that's for sure.

Happy New Year everyone and thanks for looking at my paintings.  Your interest and comments mean a lot to me.

On The Beach
Image Size 12" x 30"
Acrylic

15 comments:

  1. So beautiful, Nancy! That beach sounds like one that would have me mesmerized just sitting and watching the waves break. I do so love sitting by water like oceans or even the Great Lakes. I love how you capture the translucence of the crest of the wave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherry. It is a beautiful place and the waves are very mesmerizing.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Nancy! It has wonderful atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breathtaking and beautiful. Filled with beauty and movement. Love the amount of detail you were able to capture. Such a gorgeous painting! This one really grasped my attention on Leslie's blog. Have fun with the rest of the challenge and Happy New Year's! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Samara. Thanks for visiting my blog and I look forward to seeing all of your '30 in 30' paintings.

      Delete
  4. Hi nancy, just found Leslie and her podcasts as well. I am going to try the challenge and like you unsure how to do a painting a week, like your fruits and vegetables idea. Know for sure mine will be a small size. Think mine will be all in the Spirit of Africa theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to this challenge. I haven't decided what to paint for today yet but I'm excited to start painting. I can't wait to see what you paint.

      Delete
  5. Wow, this painting is stunning! Really great work! I'm looking forward to following along with your 30 paintings journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This is so strong and powerful - you have certainly captured the energy of this wave and it works perfectly in this long narrow format. Beautiful work, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Susan. I've always liked long, skinny paintings. It's such a fun format.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Love the action in this one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails