Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Sweet Magnolia, 30 in 30 - Day 14

The colors in this are so sweet, my teeth are hurting!  After I started painting it, I remembered having the same problem the last time I painted a magnolia.

They are such beautiful flowers and I really love them.  We have this magnolia tree in our back yard and the flowers are just starting to bud.  I painted this from a photo taken during last year's bloom.  This type of magnolia loses all of it's leaves and then blooms so it's completely covered with these beautiful pink blooms and no greenery.  It's pretty spectacular!  Too bad it's not in the front of our house.

Sweet Magnolia
Image Size 6" x 6"
Oil

4 comments:

  1. This magnolia is beautifully painted, Nancy! The petal looks so soft....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing I like sweets. We have magnolias here in Georgia and they are just wonderful. Flowers, blooming here from Spring thru Summer. Velvety comes to mind, nice painting and wish I has that tree anywhere in my yard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just planted 3 Southern Magnolias with the white flowers in out front yard. I can't wait for them to mature and start flowering.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails