Friday, January 17, 2014

Taking A Break, 30 in 30 - Day 17

This scene is very calming to me.  I have always liked pictures of empty chairs and apparently I like empty boats as well.  Perhaps this has a calming effect on me because I was really calm when I took the picture because we were on vacation.  Ah, sunny days, lapping waves and empty kayaks make happy memories.

This is another palette knife painting.  I'm really enjoying working with that knife although it still reminds me of frosting a cake and I seem to always be hungry now when I paint.

Taking A Break
Image Size 6" x 6"
Oil

7 comments:

  1. Like everything about this one. That knife is versatile to go from wave work, to sand texture and then smooth kayak. Love the pop of yellow color. Nice Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice painting of the waves and boat! Yesterday's poured was so bright and pretty. Love the light you achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've missed a few days but have looked at each day's work you've posted since taking a break myself. Springtime reflections is especially exquisite but of course, I do love them all. Even the sweet magnolia and I can relate to the hunger thing. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails