Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Chiaroscuro Onion III, 30 in 30 - Day 8

Chiaroscuro Onion III
Image size 8" x 10"
Oil
Here's that onion again!  I promise that this is the last time you will see this onion this month.  In fact, I'm retiring this photo forever.  I think three times is more than enough, don't you?

Nelvia, another artist participating in this challenge, suggested painting the onion using bright colors.  I also decided to paint it with a palette knife instead of a brush to make it more fun.  These colors are brighter but I didn't want to get them too bright because I thought it would start to read more like an orange or some other kind of fruit.

I think this newest one has become my favorite of the three paintings.  Which do you like the best?  Here are the other two:


Chiaroscuro Onion II
oil
Chiaroscuro Onion I
pastel

7 comments:

  1. They always say that the more you paint the subject the better. The third is definitely a home run. Don't think it is too bright. Like the little left side mark too that sits it down and adds interest. Be interested to see if it gets more hits than the other two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely get to know a subject better as you paint it more. I guess that's why we all do series. I'm also interested to see which painting is liked better .

      Delete
  2. Feel free to post your painting on the Pinterest Board "Leslie Saeta 30 in 30 Challenge.
    http://www.pinterest.com/charming1/leslie-saeta-30-in-30-challenge/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the third one is the winner. Love your bright colors and the looseness achieved with the palette knife. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I like onion 1 the best...I love onions, especially cooked so they are sweeter...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The #1 onion does have a warmth that the others don't. I agree that cooked onions are the best. The longer you cook them the sweeter they get. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails