Thursday, January 30, 2014

Dahlia, 30 in 30 - Day 30

I know this doesn't really look like a dahlia but the photo I painted from was a dahlia, hence the name.  My motivation for this challenge is over.  After I painted this a few days ago, I disliked it enough that I planned to not post it but my heart just isn't into painting another small painting today that isn't interesting to me so this little one is getting posted after all.

This is an ACEO, or artist's trading card.  The standard size for these cards is 3.5" x 2.5".  It is done on TerraSkin which is always fun to use.  I do like the watery look but that's about all I like.

So that you know that I'm not being a slacker, here is a photo of a large painting that I've been itching to work on which is probably part of the reason that I don't want to do any more daily paintings.


It is 48" x 48" and so far, I've got everything roughed in and now I'll start adding dimension to the water and lily pads and 'push' the fish under water.  Doesn't this look like it's a lot more exciting to paint than those little daily paintings?

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations - you deserve a nice big glass of wine. Completion brings it's own rewards. Don't think your first is soooo bad, think you are just over it. Do like what is to come on the second and will look forward to seeing more. Thanks so much for supporting me through this challenge, it certainly helped me see the finish line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nelvia. Your support has helped me too and it's been nice adding you as a new blogging friend. The wine sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the completion...I'm exhausted as well..since I've been trying to catch up with just looking and admiring all the paintings in the challenge!!! I love your koi painting!!! I can't wait to see this one finished, Nancy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Hilda. I'm excited to finish the koi painting too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like bold graphic feel to this dahlia. The colors are beautiful too. Nothing to dislike here, Nancy. It is a wonderful piece. Looking forward to seeing your completed koi pond piece too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, love the dahlia, dont be so hard on yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails