Monday, January 6, 2014

A View of Laguna, 30 in 30 - Day 6

Heisler Park in Laguna Beach is one of my favorite places.  It sits above the beach and this is one of the views from up there.  I was in a hurry on the day that I took the reference picture for this painting so I didn't take the steps down to the beach to take more pictures.  I need to do that so I can get some pictures of the groupings of rocks all around this cove.  It's really a beautiful spot.

A View of Laguna
Image Size 4.5" x 12"
Oil

8 comments:

  1. This is the only beach in CA I've been too and it is indeed gorgeous, Nancy. This is a beautiful painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sherry. You picked a good one to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You truly live in a most beautiful part of the country. While I like all parts of the painting, I really like how you added interest into the sky area. Is the beach always not crowded or did you edit people out - it looks so isolated and undisturbed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nelvia. The beach was empty because I took the ref. photo last February, early in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been looking through all of your challenges, Nancy...all wonderful.. I love "a view of Laguna"...! and your recent one of the Palm tree is wonderful....waiting for your next!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilda. I'm about to go to the studio to start tomorrow's painting.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails