Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Green Bell, 30 in 30 - Day 22

I don't like eating green bell peppers.  They taste too GREEN.  Give me red, yellow and orange bell peppers and I'll eat them all day long.  But for painting, the green ones work just fine.

There aren't many paintings where you can use the green/red complimentary color scheme effectively so I took advantage of this opportunity to use mostly those two main colors.  I love how using complementary colors will make each one really pop!

This is another palette knife painting.  Fun, fun, fun!

The Green Bell
Image Size 6" x 6"
Oil

8 comments:

  1. This bell pepper is perfectly painted, Nancy. I love the way it came out using the palette knife. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the painting and I do love green peppers. I grew up eating them raw and they are so full of fresh watery flavors. Don't care for them cooked nor do I especially like the taste of the red and yellow peppers though. Maybe because I did not grow up eating those. Love the painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherry. If you've never had a roasted red bell pepper, you are missing out on one of the most perfect foods in the world! Yum!

      Delete
  3. Nancy, I haven't visited your blog for a while and enjoyed seeing the variety of paintings you did...and in different mediums too. It was especially nice to see the same subject repeated and the differences in the paintings. Congrats on getting a painting done a day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Joan. It's been an interesting experience,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy this pepper just jumps out at you. Like all the colors within it as well as your varied reds. I do like all the strokes too, just not when I do it - weird huh?
    I got to put a vote in for loving all green, red, yellow and orange, as well as bananna peppers - but no jalapenos or other hot peppers

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails